Friday, January 30, 2009

Screenplays and Rewrites

I have talked a little about writing under the Directing Blog, but if you are in need of script consulting, I have been working with writers for a long time, helping them to develop their story to its fullest potential.

Rewriting can be much harder than the first draft and you want to make sure that the second draft is the presentation draft. So before embarking on the next draft, you want to know everything needed to make it the final draft- a compelling and complete and marketable screenplay. Everyone who reads the next draft should say: I want to see this movie.

At this stage, I cannot do this for people without financial compensation, but I can do it for a reasonable fee, since I do enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Ged read my latest script and no other reader has been as helpful. In the past, I've paid other professional, talented readers who wrote helpful comments. But Ged's help was different, on a higher, more thorough and creative level. He went through the script with me the way a talented therapist might go through your family problem, working my brain hard to penetrate to the core of characters and scenes. He also exerted his own vast storytelling imagination to suggest highly dramatic scenes that could be added, noting that he didn't expect me to necessarily use them, but that they demonstrated how much farther the drama could go. We all know that audiences need to sit in suspense, even if the film is a family drama, but Ged's sense of drama is so highly developed that he was able to help me understand how my "good" script could become optimum.

    ReplyDelete